Seriously I don’t have any interest to watch reality shows. Reality show and I are miles apart. Like any other inferior sex I had no option than to sit and watch the http://biggbosskannada.com/season1/. As I started to watch I observed standing outside the ring why it was getting such popularity.
I thought about writing a quick blog after years, this in itself shows I found something good enough here to blog.
I can be a critic talk about characters silly, stupid or vulgar behaviour on the show but I am not going to do that. Instead I am going to highlight the master mind content strategy behind the show.
1) Did you realise this whole show is perfectly edited to show you what story they want to tell the audience. We see what is shown that has happened in 12 to 15 hours in couple of hours?
2) Identify – Each of the contestants left behind were those characters who I suppose viewers could relate more with themselves. I remember reading there are 7 per 1000 is a paranoid schizophrenic around us and we don’t realise. I will leave it you to decide why this is one of the best reason for the success of show.
3) Voting – Isn’t this what content marketing should be doing? engaging your audience. The moment you vote you want to make sure you are correct and made a right choice. Sticky content!!!
4) @KicchaSudeep - is a very important part of the show. Apart from his popularity and good looks, his main role is to not just resolve the internal fights but HE IS THE VOICE OF every viewer. He resonates customer thoughts and voices their opinion and engages and indulges them.
5) Kannada – one of the contestants did not know the language. This was very well utilized in many episodes to inspire the Kannada Devotees by teaching her the language and also promoting the same. Similar was the reason to get Swamiji on board. He was also a great contestants.
Welcome to suggest your views
It was only for 2.5 months that I had a new home in a resort, right next to Nagarhole national park. Looking back I’m happy I got the opportunity to explore wildlife every single day at Kabini.
I could not have got such an opportunity if I hadn’t believed in power of subconscious mind and manifesting life. I am ever grateful for having faith in me to set up Home-Stay resort . It was undoubtedly challenging and demanding job. It was new to me, I had never worked in hospitality industry before.
I went out to explore the nature, got out of my comfort zone, this helped me immensely in shaping up myself.
In overall, I am humbled that I got to learn and explore the flora and fauna of western ghats in India. Within this short duration, I met lot of interesting guests and had experiences of a life time. I can speak for volumes about the local community, the nature, wilderness, birds, my two Labrador retriever puppies, the staff, traveling to local places, all in all memories to cherish for rest of my life.
I now believe abundance in life. You get abundant love, happiness, respect when we open your arms and accept life without resistance.
I have some pics on my flickr account .http://www.flickr.com/photos/75837524@N04/
An unexpected trip to Sri Lanka but nevertheless it was worth the visit. We planned for 3 days tour around Sri Lanka and stay in Colombo city over the weekend for obvious reasons.
The plan is to take a flight from Chennai to Colombo instead of flying out from Bangalore International airport because the fair is almost double from BLR TO COL than MDD to CMB. (6,000/INR for a round trip).
3 day trip was from Colombo to Habarana (elephant destination – National Park) to epic Sigiriya cave to Kandy mountains in central province and finally back to Colombo for beautiful scenic Mt. Lavinia Hotel . We stayed at the Chaaya Village properties at Habarana (Cottage) and also in Kandy.
I remember the most is the amount of elephants that we were able to spot at the National park safari and elephant rides. One of the male elephant gave our jeep a chase to shove us off to clear the infant and mother crossing the road. From Habarana to Sigiriya along the way you will find nice crafts shops, Buddhist temples and Kandy hills.
Kandy is last capital of ancient kings and lies in the midst of hills in central province of Srilanka. The women here are very beautiful and wear Kandy saree shown below .
It’s not advisable to take a 3 day trip with just one day in each destination instead take a 3-4 days stay in each property to relax and enjoy the stay thoroughly.
We stopped at the Spice garden for variety of spice plants that is grown in Srilanka like clove, Aloe Vera, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Hirassa, Nutmeg, Rubber, Pineapple and many other herbs. We also stopped at many of the Gems factories that show how to extract and identify minerals of different kinds like Sapphires, emeralds, rubies, topaz, garnets and diamonds.
Our final destination was back in Colombo at the famous Mt Lavinia Hotel. This property is right behind ocean which has private beach and you will get an unforgettable view of sunset and clean water beach. It is one of the best British colonial heritage hotel (Governors). It is also known for weddings for the beautiful locations it has for photographs of bride and groom.
Last but not least of my trip is the galle road and Colombo city for which you should only be there to experience yourself. After the civil war b/w LTTE and Srilanka army which lasted for 30 years there is still a lot of army men guarding the Colombo roads. The country is sure to improve in leaps and bounds in coming years.
With the Srilanka rupee value so low it is perfect weekend getaway to visit Colombo.